To achieve the commitment to privacy, AllTrades Equipment Hire will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and its amendments (the Acts), and the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs) set out in that Act. You can see the full text of the APPs online at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at:https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/privacy-act/
This policy outlines how AllTrades Equipment Hire collects, uses and manages personal information about an individual and how an individual can make inquiries or complaints about our compliance with the APPs and about any personal information that we hold on file about them.
We may update or change this policy from time to time, including to take account of new or amended laws, new technology or changes to our operations. If we do so we will publish the updated policy on our website. All personal information held by us will be governed by our most recent updated policy.
2. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. Generally, personal information will be used for dealing with: your contractual obligations to us; your requests and enquiries or our sales and marketing activities.
We may collect and hold personal information so that we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks, including credit checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products and services and systems, including the management and administration of an account;
- assess, investigate and process any instances of loss, theft or damage arising out of the use or hire of our hire equipment;
- recruit, manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- manage complaints and disputes, and to report to dispute resolution bodies; and
- get a better understanding of you, your needs and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services through the ways that we communicate with you.
Personal information collected will differ depending on the purpose of collection.
By sending emails, you will be providing us with certain personal information which may include your name and contact details. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without collecting this information from you.
When it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you provide us with personal information by telephone or email;
- when you access our website;
- when you complete a form; and
- during conversations between you and our representatives.
3. WHAT DO WE USE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
AllTrades Equipment Hire will generally use, collect, hold or disclose personal information about you for the purpose it was collected, including the following:
- to provide you with products and services and to send communications requested by you;
- to obtain credit history information about customers and potential customers;
- to tailor our communications to you;
- to send information about future events, promotions, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services, products or events;
- to conduct business processing functions;
- for our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
- to compile and report statistics using de-identified information; and
- for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of: operating of our website; conducting our business activities; fulfilling requests by you; or to provide products and services to you;
- suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- other organisations for authorised purposes with your consent; and
- to debt collectors when payments are overdue.
AllTrades Equipment Hire may share personal information with related companies or with contractors performing services for us . In these instances, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that these organisations are required to comply with the APPs.
We may use personal information for direct marketing or to advise an individual about new services and marketing initiatives that may be of interest to them.
These communications may be sent in various forms, such as mail, SMS, fax and email, and social media in accordance with applicable laws. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Any direct marketing material will include a notice allowing you to nominate if you do not wish to receive further direct marketing communications. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us as noted below.
4. HOW WILL WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
The internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the internet. Unencrypted information submitted via email or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
From time to time, personal information may be held on or within systems internal and external to AllTrades Equipment Hire including public and private clouds and we will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. AllTrades Equipment Hire may also store your data in hard copy.
AllTrades Equipment Hire will securely de-identify or dispose of personal information when we have no further need to use it, or when we are required by law to do so.
5. EMAIL SECURITY
Any emails you send may be automatically examined and filtered for unacceptable content which may result in your email or attachments being held for review. Our IT administrators may have access to your emails to authorize the content for security purposes only and not thereafter.
6. GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you. We will provide you with access to personal information in accordance with the Act and APPs and we may not grant you access to the personal information that we hold where the APPs allow us to do so. If you are refused access to information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
AllTrades Equipment Hire will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know and request us to amend it. We will consider your request, and if we are satisfied with your request we will take reasonable steps to correct the information. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendments, then we will follow the procedures set out in the APPs.
All requests for access to personal information must be made in writing to AllTrades Equipment Hire. A reasonable fee may be charged by us for the cost of verifying the application and location, retrieving and copying the information requested. We will not charge you for simply making the request.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
8. DATA BREACH
We will provide notice to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and to you of any unauthorized access to, disclosure of or loss of your personal information which may result in serious harm to you (“Data Breach”). Serious harm could include physical, psychological, emotional, economic and financial harm, as well as harm to reputation. All notifications, investigations and remedial action regarding any actual or suspected Data Breach will be undertaken in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
9. LOSS THEFT DAMAGE WAIVER
- 15.1 Loss Theft Damage Waiver (‘LTD Waiver’) is not insurance, but is an agreement by Us to limit Your liability in certain circumstances for loss, theft or damage to the Equipment to an amount called the LTD Waiver Excess. The LTD Waiver Excess is explained below in clause 15.5. Note the limitations set out in clause 15.6.
- 15.2 Subject to clause 15.3, the LTD Waiver Fee will be automatically charged to You in addition to Your Hire Charges and will be set out in Your Hire Schedule. The LTD Waiver Fee is calculated as a percentage of the Hire Charge.
- 15.3 You are not required to pay the LTD Waiver Fee from the date You produce a certificate of currency for an appropriate policy of insurance that covers loss, theft or damage to the Equipment during the Hire Period for an amount not less than the replacement value of the Equipment (‘Your Insurance’). For the avoidance of any doubt, You are liable to pay the LTD Waiver Fee for that portion of the Hire Period where a certificate of currency required pursuant to this clause 15.3 remains outstanding (“Uninsured Period”) and you are not entitled to any credit and/or reimbursement of the LTD Waiver Fee charged and/or paid that relates to the Uninsured Period. You are responsible for any excess and any other costs associated with Your Insurance and You are responsible for any shortfall in repair or replacement costs of the Equipment following payment of any amount received under Your Insurance, including any loss We suffer as a result of not being able to hire the Equipment.
- 15.4 Where You have paid the LTD Waiver Fee, We will waive Our right to claim against You for loss, theft or damage to the Equipment if:
- (a) for theft, You have promptly reported the incident to the police and provided Us with a written police report;
- (b) You have co-operated with Us and provided Us with the details of the incident, including any written or photographic evidence We require;
- (c) the loss, theft or damage does not fall into one or more of the circumstances set out in clause 15.6; and
- (d) You have paid Us the LTD Waiver Excess.
- 15.5 The LTD Waiver Excess for each item of Equipment is the amount calculated as follows:
(1) (Replacement) where the Equipment is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair:
- (a) Subject to paragraph (b), the LTD Waiver Excess for each item of Equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair will be the amount equal to the greater of:
(ii)15% of the New Replacement Cost.
- (b) Where the New Replacement Cost is less than $500.00, the LTD Waiver Excess will be an amount equal to the New Replacement Cost.
(2) (Repair) where the Equipment is partially damaged and can be repaired:
(a) Subject to paragraph (b), the LTD Waiver Excess for each item of Equipment that is partially damaged and can be repaired will be the amount equal to the greater of:
- 15% of the repair cost.
(b) Where the repair cost of the Equipment is less than $500, the LTD Waiver Excess will be an amount equal to the lesser of the repair cost and the New Replacement Cost
- 15.6 Even if You have paid the LTD Waiver Fee, We will not waive Our rights to claim against You for loss, theft or damage to the Equipment and LTD Waiver will not apply if the loss, theft or damage:
- (a) has arisen as a result of Your breach of a clause of this Hire Agreement;
- (b) has been caused by Your negligent act or omission;
- (c) has arisen as a result of Your use of the Equipment in violation of any laws;
- (d) has been caused by Your failure to use the Equipment for its intended purpose or in accordance with Our instructions or the manufacturer’s instructions;
- (e) occurs to the Equipment whilst it is located, used, loaded, unloaded, transported on or over water, wharves, bridges or vessels of any kind;
- (f) has been caused by a lack of lubrication or a failure to properly service or maintain the Equipment ;
- (g) has been caused by collision with a bridge, carpark, awning, gutter, tree or any other overhead structure or object due to insufficient clearance;
- (h) has been caused by the overloading of the Equipment or any components thereof;
- (i) is to motors or other electrical Equipment or components within the Equipment caused by electrical overload, a surge in electrical current or the use of under-rated or excessive lengths of extension leads with the electrical Equipment;
- (j) is caused by exposure to any corrosive or caustic substance, such as cyanide, salt water, acid, etc;
- (k) is caused by vandalism;
- (l) is to tyres or tubes; or
- (m) is to windscreens, mirrors, glass, or perspex.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to the information handling procedures of AllTrades Equipment Hire, any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or the APPs by AllTrades Equipment Hire please contact the Privacy Officer in writing with the following contact details.